About Joyce S. Schwensen
Joyce Schwensen, of the Law Offices of Joyce S. Schwensen, is a Seattle-based attorney who assists her clients with a variety of important decisions, including adoption, small business matters, real estate, estate planning,and probate. She was drawn to law both because of the ability to help people with these decisions, and because of the challenges it brings. Joyce Schwensen takes joy helping her clients find their way through some of the most important challenges they face in life, including tough cases with many complex issues.
Joyce Schwensen graduated summa cum laude from Washington State University in 1979, with a Bachelors of Arts in History. She received her Juris Doctor degree in 1984 from the University of Washington School of Law, and has been in private practice since. She has taught continued legal education courses to other attorneys on adoption law and real estate law.
In 2001, Joyce Schwensen founded Adoption Assistance and Homestudy Services, a private adoption agency where she helped birth parents and adoptive parents find each other, providing homes for many children. She served as Executive Director of the adoption agency for 10 years.
In addition to her adoption legal practice and tenure as head of an adoption agency, Joyce Schwensen has personal experience as the adoptive mother of two wonderful children. Her practice enables her to help her clients find the same joy her children have given her.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Real Property Section
- Probate and Trust Law Section
- Business Law Section
- Elder Law Section
- Family Law Section
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identification Legal Issues Section, Treasurer
- Solo and Small Practice Section
- King County Bar Association
Continuing Legal Education Courses Taught:
- Adoption Law: Start to Finish (2012)
- Adoption Law: Start to Finish (2010)
- Adoption Law: Practical Guide To Adoptions (2008)
- Real Estate Transactions: The Nuts and Bolts of Real Estate Practice (2005)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating: Outstanding Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell: Bar Register of Outstanding Women